Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Surgical Hooks


I received good news last week! Dr. Parker called and told me that they had done the surgery planning and decided only the lower jaw needed to be done! I was beyond excited since this means a less intense surgery and a slightly easier recovery.

Today I went to the orthodontist to have my surgical hooks put on. They're not too bad other than they stick out, food really gets stuck in them, and one keeps jabbing into my gums when I eat. Also, one fell off when I brushed my teeth after lunch so I'll have to go have it put back on before the 22nd.

(Surgical hooks added to the wire)

I have a huge list of things to get done before my surgery. I'm trying to do any cleaning and work I need to since I won't be able to do some of those things for a while. I need to finish shopping for post-surgery things and get the rest of my liquid diet foods. I'm enjoying my last week and a half of boxing. Well, maybe not enjoying it, but I'm still going! I've also been eating anything I can think of that I'll miss for 6 weeks. Texas Roadhouse is the last thing on my list. 






No comments:

Post a Comment